TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Bought a Soniq 42 inch HD Led Tv (E42FV16A. It shows a full

Customer Question
Hi, Bought a Soniq 42...
Hi, Bought a Soniq 42 inch HD Led Tv (E42FV16A. It shows a full screen in TV mode but when playing a dvd doesn't show full screen. Can change aspect mode but still end up with horizontal bar, top and bottom. The TV has full, auto, 4.3 and just scan bt doesn't fix the problem. Can press zoom on the dvd player which then shows full screen but displays zoom on the screen. Spoke to dvd manufacturer who says it's norma but to return it if not happy. About to contact the TV company. Any help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: E42FV16A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything works fine on the TV. Both TV and dvd player are new as of last Saturday
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only with certain dvds. I actually had the same problem with my previous dvd player where I'd press zoom and zoom would stay on the screen, hence buying a new one.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
7/31/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What's the model number of the DVD player?

Have you tried changing the output aspect ratio on it?

Pete, Electronic Engineer