Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Screen says no signal, hold on, d series. 3 weeks old.

Customer Question

screen says no signal
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: hold on
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: d series. 3 weeks old. believe inputs work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just happened
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

What is it you're trying to watch on the set right now please? Is there a cable box of some sort connected? Please elaborate.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will rate when tv is working
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Reply back once you have followed the steps to let me know IF/WHERE you are stuck please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where would i find input button on remote
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

On the original Vizio remote it should actually be labeled "Input". Reply back with the full model number off of the back of the Vizio TV if you cannot locate it.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Were you able to find it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
model d43n
not happy
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I will opt out and allow someone else to assist you. Standby.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request that I need to troubleshoot the problem. Please reply, so I can answer your question.
Thank you.