TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Screen says no signal, hold on, d series. 3 weeks old.

Customer Question
Screen says no signal ...

Screen says no signal

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hold on

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

D series. 3 weeks old. believe inputs work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/30/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is it you're trying to watch on the set right now please? Is there a cable box of some sort connected? Please elaborate.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.

If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will rate when tv is working

Reply back once you have followed the steps to let me know IF/WHERE you are stuck please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where would i find input button on remote

On the original Vizio remote it should actually be labeled "Input". Reply back with the full model number off of the back of the Vizio TV if you cannot locate it.

Were you able to find it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
model d43n
not happy

I will opt out and allow someone else to assist you. Standby.

TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request that I need to troubleshoot the problem. Please reply, so I can answer your question.
Thank you.