TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't connect to Netflix. LG smar tv, the tv menu works…

Customer Question
I can't connect to...

I can't connect to Netflix.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

LG smar tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv menu works and this is the only device we are having a problem with

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has been going on since Friday, but it has happened periodically before

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

When I try to connect to the internet it says my browser is out of date, but it won't let me download v. 11

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
7/30/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If that's the only device you have a problem with, is Netflix accessible on other devices?

When you try to access Netflix as usual on the smart TV, what do you see? what is the result?

Netflix is fine on other devices. When I start Netflix I get the logo and then I get error now-4-8

Error NOW-4-8.... OK. Thanks for responding with that information. I am researching that error and those circumstances for a few minutes...

OK... that might be one of several problems. First:

1. have you turned Off the TV, waited 10 minutes with it Off, or roughly that long, then powered the TV On again and tried Netflix once more after a few more minutes?

2. have you checked the TV is still connected to internet? indeed, is your TV connected to internet by WiFi / wireless, or by an Ethernet network cable?

I can't connect it to the internet because my browser is too old and also I keep getting an error saying the security certificate is not yet valid for triton.wavespan.net and I have no idea what that is

Well, then, you presumably have a problem that requires the software on the LG smart TV be updated to a more modern version that supports the current version of Netflix and its requirements etcetera.

Would you like to try that? if so, how old roughly is your LG TV, and what model # is it?

It's roughly 2 yrs old. All I know is it's an lg smartv

OK. To try an update, you will have to first of all, connect your LG TV with an Ethernet cable to your router, to one of the router box's four common ports, any one of them.

Good so far? if so, let's proceed.

Nope, I'm using an internet service provided by a campground. I am paying for the service

OK. So there is no Ethernet connection possible for this TV then?

How about exiting from the Netflix service, logging out of it, on the TV... then after some minutes, trying to log in or Sign In to Netflix once more?

I've done all that and it doesn't work. I'm going to give up on this. Thanks for your help

OK. I hope that I did indeed help to clear up the situation, at least, as to what can be tried and what could be done. E.g. if you can get the TV to a place with a router, and connect it up to get wired Ethernet internet, then you can do this:

- Press MENU.

- Click on SYSTEM SETTINGS, then on:

- ABOUT.

- SYSTEM UPDATES.

- You'll be advised your system is up to date, or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If new version available, it downloads on its own.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Service Tech