TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Installing lg soundbar to samsung model LN46A550P3FXZA Cant…

Customer Question
Installing lg soundbar to...

Installing lg soundbar to samsung model LN46A550P3FXZA Cant find external speaker option on tv

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

LG connected with optical

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your LG system and your LN46A550P3FXZA?

Menu sound mode but the sound setting is not in bold and will not let me choose that option

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you have Samsung remote in hands that came with the TV?

i have an universal remote

An universal remote may not work to navigate in TV menu for settings.

However, you can use control buttons on side panel of TV, press Menu to get menu screen, use Vol and Channel buttons to move cursor in menu and press Source button to select an item/ execute settings.

Using control button on TV go to TV menu then select Audio (speaker icon in menu) and select TV Speaker option and set it Off, this will enable optical output port on TV and soundbar will get digital audio signals from TV, select correct input in soundbar to get TV sound.

Please reply back with the result

Tv speaker is touned off but the sound select is still grey Will not let me choose that option

OK, Sound Select option will enable when you have PIP (picture in picture) function On and then you can select sound of either main/ big picture sound or sub/small picture sound. It is not related to connecting a soundbar/ external speakers with the TV.

How do I turn on PIP

OK, please go to Menu > Setup (gear icon) > select PIP and set it On.

pip is grayed

OK, please make sure Energy Saving mode is Off in same menu.

Also, antenna is plugged into TV which is main picture source and any video source is plugged in video/ HDMI input of TV and providing picture to get sub/small picture, this will enable PIP feature in TV.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician