TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What do we do when the piano keeps showing up on the

Customer Question
What do we do...

What do we do when the piano keeps showing up on the screen????

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Just purchased. Samsung model UBD-M8500

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Not right now...just the piano strings

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Why don't I turn the tv off and you try to direct me from there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

We have a Harmony remote that is part of the issue, I think?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
7/30/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

UBD-M8500 is bluray model number.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

I am trying to find it...give me a minute...hanging on the wall

OK, please take your time

Model # TH-58PZ800U

OK - What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

We have Blu Ray, DVD, CD, And Sirius

OK, and do you get black bars on screen regardless of what video source is being watched on TV?

Also, are the black bars are vertical or horizontal on screen?

I guess piano strings means black bars on screen, correct?

No. It's a flat, gold "tray" with strings attached... Very similar to a piano
Right now, however, after I turned the whole system off ( I thought), there is a screen that says NO SIGNAL for Home Theatre System. HDM12
it just now went off! I did nothing

Not sure about how you hooked up the entire system.

Reboot every thing connected to TV, unplug power cords/ cut the power of all things for 5 minutes, reconnect power and turn them On to see if it helps to work them again?

Thanks. Will do.

OK, please provide picture of 'gold tray with strings' that appears on screen that will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Louie, Technician