TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lamp comes on but goes out after about 2 minutes and yes fan…

Customer Question
Lamp comes on but...

Lamp comes on but goes out after about 2 minutes and yes fan is running

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hls5687w and 2006

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing comes on the screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Niece turned it on and off a bunch of times

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

After the lamp goes out, does the tv just keep running until you do something? or does it shut down and the front panel LEDs do something?

shuts down and leds are off

Any service or parts replaced (lamp or others)?

new lamp

Was the old lamp the original?

Was the old lamp blown?

Where did you get the new lamp?

How much did the new lamp cost?

original lamp still lit up new lamp from Amazon $90 I have messed with wires once and the tv worked until I shut it off then it wouldn't turn on again

What wires did you mess with? audio/video cables or internal circuit board wires?

heat sensor and door switch wires just unplug and reconnect

I apologize, but I have to let another tech take over now as I have been called away. Your question will automatically be reposted for all.