Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just purchased an UHD TV M6100. Setting it up at

Customer Question

Hi there. I have just purchased an UHD TV M6100. Setting it up at present but cant' get past the Terr./Cable Signal Detected screen.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung 2017 "New" MU6100 - purchased from Harvey Norman this afternoon.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: First setup Louie (point 1) - supposed to select "Aerial" or "Terrestrial"
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: (selected terrestrial at a guess). Then comes up with terrestrial box ticked. Pressed that, and it reverts to the previous screen 1 again ( 2,3 and 4 are waiting) Brand new TV just out of the box. Main issue is not being able to get passed the "digital & analogue" ticked box.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wish he was here!! Nothing else - just assistance with initial set-up will be wonderful. Jane
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 months ago.

G'day if you are using a roof aerial to receive TV through the air then you must choose terrestrial and you must have an aerial plugged into the aerial socket on the back of the TV. Or are you using a Cable box such as Foxtel or Optus?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response, hongkongpom! I hope you can see my earlier notes in which I "cancelled" my request for assistance shortly after my first contact with JustAnswer. I was able to receive immediate help from Samsung in setting up my brand new television set. It was a simple error of mine, and I wasn't aware Samsung had immediate available help by phone. I apologise if my correspondence with the initial person (with a female name beginning with P!) didn't reach you. I asked her to cancel friend's bankcard $5 deposit on my behalf as my card had been rejected. I subsequently discovered it wasn't usable as I had a limit on overseas transactions. His name is***** and the card used was VISA (ANZ bank). Many thanks. *****