Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv is asking for an update or cancel, I can not do either

Customer Question

My tv is asking for an update or cancel, I can not do either one , I try to press select and nothig \happens
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LG dont know the model but it is a flat screen about 2016 or 1 model
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the tv works gteat justr when I start every time it ask if I want ot update or cancel
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?
Customer: about 4 months
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to get the full model number off of the sticker on the back of the LG set?

Also what remote are you trying to use? Is it the original LG remote or the cable remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.