TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LC45S no pix power and OPC flash, then power flashes twice,

Customer Question
LC45S no...

LC45S no pix power and OPC flash, then power flashes twice, then repeat. Failure following severe lightning storm

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Power strip

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, and tried "down channel down volume power reset. no joy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Blank screen, won't respond to remote, power off with button and blinking stops

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
7/30/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please reply back with the complete model number off of the back of the Sharp set?

Please send a reply back to proceed.

Sharp LC45SB54U

Thanks for the reply. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

no change

So are you looking to fix this yourself? This is a hardware failure and the code points to which board in the set is faulty. Let me know what type of assistance you're looking for here.

A 2 blink OPC and 2 blink power together- code means an error in the 3.3 volt standby line which is what feeds the mainboard, and generally this requires replacement of the power supply AND/OR Mainboard to fix the issue. It's not uncommon for both to have failed. So what I'm asking is if you're looking for links to those two parts so you can repair this yourself? Or were you looking for a repair estimate and service locator?

It appears you already got this far with the first question you posted and then you never replied back to the original expert. We are not allowed to reply to duplicates, so I will send this in to be closed. i would suggest continuing with Louie as he has spent his time trying to help you and he has not been rated yet.

TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize for the long wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?