TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an Emerson Flat Screen LED TV. The screen went blank…

Customer Question
I have an Emerson...

I have an Emerson Flat Screen LED TV. The screen went blank after watching it for 15 minutes or so and it has a chirping sound now. The sound is very low volume and steady.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since last night.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends if its real complex or not.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
7/29/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Do you have access to the tv right now?

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

How long have you had the tv / what is the approximate purchase date?

Model No.: LF501EM5F. I bought in December 2014.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.

-disconnect all audio/video/hdmi/etc from the back of the tv.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

-REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Still no screen and just chirping. Can not turn on.

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Substantial electronics experience is required on your part. Otherwise I can help you locate a trusted local repair shop if you provide your zip code. Repairs can be around $250 give or take.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Louie, Technician