TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My VIZIO UHD TV screen image freezes intermittenly, and I…

Customer Question
My VIZIO...

My VIZIO UHD TV screen image freezes intermittenly, and I have to power cycle the TV and sable box to get it to work again.

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

It's relatively new -- maybe two months (purchased at Target. I'll have to go downstairs to get the model number. What's the easiest way to find it?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu does work, and it does seem to happen with all sources.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

It's been a few weeks. I actually considered returning it to Target. there's no warning it's about to happen. It will be working fine, and I'll look up and see that the image is frozen. The sound continues while the image is frozen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Where do I find he modl number? model

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

A cable box (Spectrum).

OK, it would be cable box internal issue and TV seems just fine, lets try easy thing first that might help.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

OK. I'll give that a try.
I have re-booted the cable box before, and that didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks

OK, you can verify the TV with any other video source such as DVD player etc to see if picture freezes?

if TV shows normal picture then it is confirmed cable box internal problem and you would need to call your cable company to come out and check cable signal strength and replace cable box to fix the problem.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.