Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Using DirectTV to Sony TV and the sound suddenly stopped

Customer Question

Hi. Using DirectTV to Sony TV and the sound suddenly stopped working. Sound was still working for other sources like streaming Netflix Direct TV came out and changed the box. Still didn't work. Hooked it up to another TV and it did work. So we have determined the issue is with the HDMI ports on the Sony TV. All 4 were tested and none work for sound. Only picture. Ideas?
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your Sony TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: yes
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: hdmi
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

- Can you try another video source such as Bluray player etc in HDMI input of TV as a test to see if it gives sound output?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
xbr-43x800d
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, please reply on 2nd info-request..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi - I was able to resolve the issue. Thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good, have nice time~