TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv is a plasma 8000 series, It recycles every 10 to 30

minutes when Its on cable...
Tv is a plasma 8000 series, It recycles every 10 to 30 minutes when Its on cable tv but not on Wifi.The power supply board was changed and the DVr box has been changed
JA: Just to clarify, what's the plasma television's exact make and model?
Customer: Samsung 60" p&n
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No just cable tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Off and on about 6 months . Nothing it just turn off for a second and the Samsung logo goes on and then the tv goes right back to the channel it's on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: A tv repairmen thought it was the main or master board that needs to be replace
7/29/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Who is your cable company? Do you use a cable company remote to change channels on a cable box/dvr, or do you use the samsung remote to change channels on the tv tuner?

Spectrum , use cable remote

Is the Spectrum box connected to the tv with HDMI ?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.

I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.

In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

it connected hdmi

Please try this:

-disconnect that hdmi cable from the back of the tv

-try to turn the tv on

-does the tv still shut off or does it stay on

-reply back here and let me know

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician