TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I reconnect my Sony bravia to my amazon prime

Customer Question
How do I reconnect...

How do I reconnect my Sony bravia to my amazon prime account? Had a power failure and now can't access amazon for movies

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

I think about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and I can still access Netflix and other apps

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Happened about 2 weeks ago when had a storm and power went out for a few minutes. Tells me to go to amazon website, did that but nowhere could I find how to reconnect. I am an amazon prime member.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No that should do it, thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
7/29/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

TV is Santo model DP55360C, my Sony bravia model BDV-E580

OK, so you're using Sony bluray for internet video streaming service.

- Have you tried to unplug Bluray player power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and reply back with the result?

Didn't work

OK, does Amazon app run and can you log off from it, then relog in and check?

From the internet not through the sony

OK, working on it, give me few minutes please.

Thanks for waiting, we need to restore Blurray to default settings that will help.

Please grab Sony remote, press Home and go to Setting (toolbox icon) and got to Resetting option and select Reset to Factory Default Settings and press OK.

Initial setup screen will show up, go through to finish it and run Amazon app, login and reply back with the result

Still didn't work and canceling my membership

Sorry to hear that, let me repost this question for other experts to assist you further.