TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It does not turn on, but the power led changes status when I…

Customer Question
It does not turn...

It does not turn on, but the power led changes status when I push the remote. In it's normal mode, it seems to be trying to give me a service code: 24 blinks-on for 10 sec-dim for 5 sec (repeat).

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Whole house surge, but we are in the lightening capital (SWFL). Also connected to CAT5E, that runs through UPS powering all network components. Also connected to cable box and new grounded cable NID.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

The tv is at 45 degree angle relative to vertical (I dread climbing ladder to lower, take it apart, repair, and reinstall. I'm 71, the ceiling is high, and I am not as strong as...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Yes 10 minutes unplugged.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
7/29/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the TV.

Shit, it is a 48-50" vitiosus high in the wall.

Yes on the phone call soon as the system has cleared the "Status: ... failure"
Can you please check on your end?
...and contact Customer Service?

And the model number would still be needed; perhaps from the paperworks?

I think the secret is in the code displayed via power led.

Agree but each brand, version, model would have each own blink code.

Why make blink Codes different from model to model? Stupid developer!
Bad user experience!
Photos to Identify Vizio model?
Louie?
Forget the phone call.

The blink code would almost always be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

both.

Great on the DIY!

Please post back with:

• the model number;
  • and clear pictures of the internal circuitry.

Click HERE.
These pictures would then serve as common references.

Can you hold the case for a few days? Resolve later.

I understand.

And yes please, post back later when able.

Please hold billing also

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.

Ok

Cheers.

Louie, Technician