Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm in Australia. We switched to Analog about 2012. I have

Customer Question

I'm in Australia. We switched to Analog about 2012. I have model LC-32AX5X ( about 2006). I have had this tv in storage for 5 or 6 yrs. I have lost power cord and remote as well. I'm wondering if this TV would work w analog and if a power cord is available?
JA: Is your LC-32AX5X connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: No, I don't have a power cord
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: . I don't have a power cord for the TV anymore?
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the Tv useable w current analog system in Aus?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, please post back with clear pictures of the jack/socket where the power cord plugs in. Click HERE.

These pictures would then serve as common references.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not easy to do really and how will that answer the question I'm asking?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

There are regional versions of this model hence the socket may and can vary. The picture would as posted serve as common reference.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can call you for free. I have service to US. Just need your number
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I can't fit an i pad in the area where the socket is. It is a strange set up its in an indentation and it's up at the top.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can call you I don't want to pay for a $ 37 call when I can call for free
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Phone Calls is Premium Service; an added service.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Main question is will this tv work with the current analog system anyway?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can call for FREE
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've mentioned the same things several times and need a straight answer please
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support. Please contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am asking technical questions. WILL THIS MODEL WORK W ANALOG AND ARE POWER CORDS AVAILABLE ANYMORE.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

To my understanding, there is no longer any analog system within Australia.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok will this tv work with the current system in Australia it changed since I bought this TVs. Many people bought new TVs when the change occurred 5 years ago or so?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Directly, no. The Sharp LC-32AX5X is only capable of PAL: B/G, D/K, I SECAM: B/G, D/K, K/K1 NTSC: M systems.

It does not have the necessary digital hardware and therefore not compatible with the MPEG-2 / MPEG4 h.264 OR AVC codec variants that DVB-T is currently in used in Australia.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Your right it switched to digital here, my mistake. So sounds like it's no good for the current system?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

As posted above, directly no. There is however a workaround but an add-on / external device would be needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hmm do you have any ideas of the cost of that? Also do you know if power cords are still available here?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Please click HERE for these add-on/external devices.

The power cord would look something like the product shown HERE except that the AC plug would have to conform with Australian standards.

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

Is further assistance / information still needed with this?