TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need help installing roku box to my tv, 4kroku 55, i just…

Customer Question
I need help installing...

I need help installing roku box to my tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

4kroku 55

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just purchased a new roku express box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

How to install the box

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I would need to know the full model number off of the back of your TV to help you with this. I also need to know if you have the original TV remote. Send a reply back with those details and we can proceed.

Do you need assistance with this please?

55rk lcd

That's not a valid, or not a full model number. It doesn't even show up in a Google search. Please read the sticker on the back of the TV and carefully write down the "Model Number" then post back here with it.

LCD 55R7

Thank you, ***** *****'s a Hitachi LED set. You will run an HDMI cable from the Roku box to the HDMI 1 (or HDMI 2 if something is already plugged into HDMI 1) port on the TV first. Have you done this yet?

It keeps disconnecting

Please elaborate- WHAT keeps disconnecting? The cable disconnects- you mean it falls out? We need to communicate clearly back and forth for me to help you.

The television

Again, I'm not there to see what you're seeing. Please describe exactly what you see on the TV screen.

The television is talking to me

Okay, you're not giving me specifics so I cannot help and will need to opt out.

TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize for the long wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?