TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a jvc projection tv ... have a lamp replacement

Customer Question
I have a jvc...

I have a jvc projection tv ... have a lamp replacement signal in the middle of my screen ... I have replaced the lamp and it is working fine but I can't get rid of the lamp replacement signal in the middle of the screen

Technician's Assistant: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?

Rm-mh5g

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your JVC? What happened right before this?

It just started ... replaced the lamp when the notice appeared and it is still there

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
7/28/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

Please reply to me here, do not open new questions for the same issue...

D-ILA on manual
RM-MH5G on remote

JVC has made many D-ILA tv's. We cannot help you until you get the model number off the back of the tv.

It's a projection tv DLAHD550-BU

Thanks, ***** ***** with the unit now? Do you have the original JVC remote that came with it?

on both
In basement don't have good cell connection

Please try this and let me know what happens:

-power off the unit
-on remote press BACK, then OK, then HIDE (hold HIDE for 2 seconds)
-standby and lamp blink alternately, then unit shuts off

lamp timer should be reset

Still there

Those are the instructions given in the manual. See this webpage and try it again....

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/485787/Jvc-Dla-Hd550.html?page=48#manual

Did you get the message I sent with the link to the manual for your unit showing the page with the instructions to reset the lamp?

I have the manual and had that solution but didn't work .. thanks .. I will keep working it

You're welcome. Can't say why that procedure isn't working for you except that the remote isn't working right or pointed correctly at the unit or things like that....

It is almost time for me to ask you to rate my service. I really want you to be satisfied so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you need something more.

Was hoping you had something different for me that would work ... thanks

None that I know of... Test if those remote buttons actually work when the unit is on.

Remote is working

Provide your zip code if you would like the contact information for a local repair shop for you to call.

That's okay I can go to abt which is where I bought it .. they are very good

ok

Louie, Technician