TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My wife turned off our Vizio TV in the usual way and came…

Customer Question
My wife turned off...

My wife turned off our Vizio TV in the usual way and came back a little later and the TV did not respond. No audio or video.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The tv is only one plus yrs old. I 'll check for the model. be back soon.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The model is E55:C1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Absolutely nothing.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
7/28/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.