TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Seiki TV - don't know how old - flat screen -

Customer Question
We have a Seiki...

We have a Seiki TV - don't know how old - flat screen - number on back is LC32B56. We have been using a Bell satelite receiver but the remote has quit. Bell has sent us a new remote but we are unable to program it unless we know three numbers in the TV - we are old - impatient - and don't know how or where to get these numbers. Help please.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?

Seike flat screen - the remote is Bell 3.2 IR

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

166173

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The other remote was sticking on certain numbers so we called Bell to ask and they said we needed a new remote. It came today and we cannot program it without the 3 numbers of the Seiki TV. We called Bell and that's what they said - no numbers can't be programmed without them. I'm asking you where these numbers would be and/or what they are.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No, I want the numbers to program the remote for TV Seiki LC32B56 - remote is Bell 3.2 IR 166173

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
7/28/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please try 178 on your remote and let me know if that works for you?

178 didn't work - and he had the Bell technician on the line as he tried it.
No thanks - I've spent enough time and talk on it. I'll send it back to Bell. Thanks for trying. How much did this cost me?

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

That is the ONLY code for this model television. If it does not work, then that remote control is not capable of working with your particular tv model. This type of problem is very common with the "off brand" sets like seiki. You can ask bell if they have a different model remote to provide.

Otherwise, Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc.

I cannot see the payment side of things as we're all independent techs here, but you would have been shown and agreed to the fee when posting your question on the payment page.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,