TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I cannot get internet service to my 50 inch smart tv and I

Customer Question
can get it with all...
I cannot get internet service to my 50 inch smart tv and I can get it with all my other devices
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?
Customer: Samsung LED50
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: UN50H5203
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: For about 2 months. I'm very seldom at this home and I've just ignored it. I contacted internet service provider to verify internet signal to the modem and it's coming in. There was nothing I know of happening. It just stopped picking up the internet
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that I know to share
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and wifi router/ modem power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let wifi router/ modem reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Be tried that. I can get internet service to every device in my house except the tv

OK, does TV show available networks (including your wifi router) list when run network setup in TV menu to establish wifi connection?

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

This is odd, and when you select your wifi router, TV makes wifi connection but still gives error when run any builtin internet app?

I went through that with the internet service provider refresh the signal to the modem/router to verify that internet service was being provided and it is being picked up on every device but the tv
It does not make wifi or internet connection with the tv.

I understand and trying to figure out what is wrong with TV, please go to network setup in TV menu and run it, does it work to complete wifi connection with router or gives any error message during setup?

If TV shows your router name in available network list that means it is getting wifi signals, does it accept wifi password ***** sows wifi connection completion message?

It attempts to make the connection but connects only tolocal network but not the internet. There is no error message while trying to connect
It does and it accepts password ***** no internet.

OK, lets try following procedure that might work..

On your TV remote, go to Menu, Settings, Network, next select Network Settings, Start, IP Settings, then select DNS mode and make sure the green check is on "manual", enter 8 8 8 8 and press OK on remote.

Please reply back with the result.

Still no service

Sorry to hear that, I'm out of ideas and will opt out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further.

Thanks

Ok
TV Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

After you connect the TV to the Network, go to the Network Settings page. Which IP address, Subnet, & Gateway values are displayed on that page?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

IP Address 10.0.0.2
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 19.0.0.1
DNS SERVER 75.75.75.75
Gateway 10.0.0.1
Did you receive my responses?

Thank you.

Are you sure that the Gateway is set to 19.0.0.1 or is it 10.0.0.1 ?

I sent a correction in previous message 10.0.0.1

Thank you for the update.

As it stands, the TV should be able to access the network and the Internet.

Let's try the following:

- Unplug the power to your router/modem and plug it back in.

- Turn the tv off, unplug the power to the tv, plug it back in, and turn it on.

Once that is back up, test if you can access the Internet from the TV.

Did that help at all?

No it didn't.

That is very odd. It has a working address, which should allow it access.

Please, do the following on a computer that is on the same network:

- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: cmd
- Click the Ok button.
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?

IPv4 10.0.0.7
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 10.0.0.1

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Is anyone else going to respond? My card was just charged again.
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 3 months ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Louie, Technician