TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am trying to reach someone with questions on a tv, model…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to reach someone with questions on a tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model NO: 42HFL5860D/27

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I purchased it from a hotel that was remodeling, I purchased 5 of them. The only screen I can get to come up has a error message that says LOCKED

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 42HFL5860D? What happened right before this?

This is the first time I have tried to turn it on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

I can't get the remote to respond either

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
7/29/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and since this is a "Hospitality TV" intended for hotels, a special remote is needed just to bring it out of "LOCKED' condition; i.e. configure it for home use rather than the current hotel use:

• please click HERE for a substitute remote; and
  • HERE for the remote's manual.
Louie, Technician