Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

Just bought UN65MU7000 TV. Trying to browse the TV guide.

Customer Question

Just bought UN65MU7000 TV. Trying to browse the TV guide. How can I page up/down with the remote? Only goes one line at a time now.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: UN65MU7000, purchased yesterday.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Not sure what you mean, but the cable remote will page up / page down.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 1 day. Brand new.
JA: Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

So I understand, the problem is that when you are in the guide on the TV, your remote is only moving the highlighted channel one item at a time when you go up and down - is that accurate?

I believe the remote on that TV is the Smart TM1750A. Just give me a moment to check please.

On your remote - at the top it has a circle, and under that, it has two volume buttons along with a couple of other buttons - not much else... is that correct?

Here's a picture.

Is that what your remote looks like (you can reply to me here)

Michael. If that is your remote, by default, you should be able to use the round disc as directional arrows (up/down/left/right) and the middle button as the select button. You can also use the channel "button" (more like a rocker), by moving it up and down to navigate the guide. One of those should move individual items, and the other should move an entire page. (I believe it is the Channel rocker that will move a page at a time, but it's not in the manual, and I'm telling you that from memory). If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll continue to help until you get what you need.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The circle/arrows approach moves one line at a time. The channel "rocker" goes to the channel and closes the guide. Some numbers from my remote: Model Name: RMCSPM1AP1, Model Code: BN59-01292A, Not sure what this is: A0710200. Hope some of this helps.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The picture looks like the correct remote.

Thank you for the additional information. I will get more information for you.

I verified that it's supposed to happen with the channel up/down

"To quickly scroll through the list, use the channel up/down buttons. The focus moves up and down the list in one page."

When the guide is open, are you able to use the touch pad in the center and slide you finger up/down on that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I hold down the down key, the channel numbers column scrolls rapidly, but program names do not move until I release the key. Not very useful since I want to know what programs are on and page up/down in the program names section. Any other thoughts? I can page up/down by using the cable box remote.

I know what you mean by that. Not useful at all

The only option appears to be the channel button while in the guide. But if that's exiting out of the guide, that's not helpful either.

Does the channel rocker bring up the guide if it's not already up, or does it just change the channel?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The channel rocker brings up info about the current channel at the bottom of the screen. After that, it moves through channels one at a time.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Voice commands ("page up", "scroll up", etc.) didn't do it either.