Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I turned on my TV this morning and there was no sound --

Customer Question

I turned on my TV this morning and there was no sound -- there was a picture, but no sound -- this happened once before, right after we bought it, but I don't remember how we fixed it when I called a tech -- please help!!
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: I am at work right now -- is there a number I can call after I get home so I can look this up and get someone to assist me over the phone -- also, where on the tv can I find the model -- it is a Vizio TV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: will have to check all that when I get home -- there is no sound on local stations and none on direct stations - if I can get a phone number, i can check all this and call back
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: working fine when we turned it off to go to bed -- was not working this morning when I got up and turned it on --
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no --
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am at work -- need a phone number I can call after work and get this fixed --jus supply me with that and I will be glad to contact them and get it fixed --
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, please bookmark/ save this page link to reopen it at later time to continue or login to JustAnswer.com and click on my-questions link to proceed.

Phone call service is premium service that would cost you additional $26 and we will proceed if you want that service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you just send me a phone number so I can call after work -- I can't do this while I am at work -- the tv is at my house --
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
forget it!! i'll figure it out --
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I gave you all the info if you wish to proceed at later time, did you get my reply?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Due to website rules I can't share my phone number here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot respond to this at this time -- please forget about the order --
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Its OK if you can't provide requested info right now, we can continue it at later time/ in your convenient time. Please bookmark/ save this page link to reopen it at later time to continue or login to JustAnswer.com and click on my-questions link to open this chat thread and reply here, I'll be notified and we can continue at that time.

Thanks.