Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a 28LJ4000B-PU LG and I want to disable to "robotic

Customer Question

I have a 28LJ4000B-PU LG and I want to disable to "robotic sounding" "voice-over" on my new LG.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I've just bought the TV and continuously have "the voice" telling me the volume and the TV channel,etc. but I haven't unplugged it at all. I've tried to shut it off using the 2 different remotes-LG and Direct TV but no luck. Should I unplug as a solution? Thanks.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I'v tried the menus on both but I can't find a disable choice...but I could be wrong.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I purchased the TV over the weekend and when setting up the TV... it was activated and now it won't "shut-up"
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.. the other option might be to call Direct TV tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions...thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

To turn off Voiceover, go to the Settings Menu, then select "more" and select "Accessibility.

On the Accessibility menu, select Audio Description and turn it OFF.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------