Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have an insignia TV Model NS-50D550NA15 Rev C The picture

Customer Question

Have an insignia TV Model NS-50D550NA15 Rev C The picture wentt out, perfect sound. When I shine a flashlight in the screen I can see the picture. The Mfg tag states it is a LCD TV.
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your NS-50D550NA15 connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes they were, I unplugged over night and nothing changed. I have the back removed looking for the backlight inverter. Cannot ID the board.
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: HDMI
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The Insignia set doesn't use backlight inverter boards- it's an LED set, so the power supply board also houses the LED driver board. However- there is a note on Shop jimmy about this model that states the following:

IMPORTANT: The LED strips in these models are prone to failure. If this board does not fix the problem with your TV, it is very likely that you have defective LED strips (part number sj-HD500DF-B57\S0 LED Strips).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The power supply/LED board IS actually showing as out of stock from all of the used/pulled parts vendors out there (and new boards are no longer being made for this set):

http://tvchopshop.com/all-tv-parts/insignia-ns-50d550na15-hisense-ltdn48k220-power-supply-174611/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. Thanks!
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

You can use the part number for the power/LED board to cross reference on eBay and other used/pulled parts sites to see if one is available. However to determine with certainty that the issue is that board- and not the LED strips within the panel, you need to use a multi-meter to test the power supply outputs (LED +/- pins on the board) to ensure that you're getting 200 volts B+ (DC).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you test and find the 200 volt line IS present- then it is in fact the LED strips that are the root cause of the issue- and unfortunately those are ALSO showing as out of stock:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hisense-hd500df-b57-s0-led-strips-11-strips.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?