Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sanyo HD TV. When watching the cable channels on

Customer Question

I have a Sanyo HD TV. When watching the cable channels on the TV I have no volume. When I watch netflex on HDMI 2 I have sound. How do I fix the volume on my Cable TV ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days. Nothing was going on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please read my reply and follow those steps to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?