Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I DROPPED THEREMOTE ON THE FLOOR. THE TV QUIT WORKING. NOW

Customer Question

I DROPPED THEREMOTE ON THE FLOOR. THE TV QUIT WORKING . NOW WHEN YOU TRY TO TURN IT ON EITHER WITH TTHE REMOTE OR TRYING IT MANUAL ONLY THE RED LIHT COMED ON ON THE SET. NOTHING ELSENO GREEN LIGHT NO PICTURE NO NOISE.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: ITS A PANASONIC . AND IT WAS NEW REPLACEMENT FROM DIRECT TV TO REPLACE A STORM DAMAGED TV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NOTHING WORKS. ONLY THE RED LIGHT ON THE EDGE OF SET.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2WE HAVE NOT TRYED TO USE THE SET SINCE THIS HAPPENED.THE SET WAS WORKING FINE BEFORE I DROPPED THE REMOTE
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I DONT THINK SO
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please