Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My friends TV has a screen saver that projects a new

Customer Question

My friends TV has a screen saver that projects a new landscape every 10 secs or so. I have a VIZIO M550SL and a VIZIO XVT3735V. Is such a screen saver application available for me?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: M55OSL_2/21/15. XVT3735V _11/17/11
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes , the menu works and I don't have a problem. All I need to know is if the VIZIO menu has this screen saver, and how to access it
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: You don't understand my question. Please get some who does.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, no, this is not an option on either of these models.

Vizio tvs, in general, are very basic and simplistic, and although they may be smart tvs, they do not have a full "app store" and they lack the ability to be updated or have new features added to them.

The type of functionality you are looking for however would be available through the use of an external device such as a roku or fire tv or appletv

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.