TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am trying to hookup a Logitech Z506 to my RCA 40" Model…

I am trying to...

I am trying to hookup a Logitech Z506 to my RCA 40" Model LED40G45RQ TV and can not get any sound.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?

I just gave it to you and no the tv sound was ok I am just trying to make it better

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No troubleshooting I started to hook it up yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to be told how to hook it up, ( wiring Diagram ) the speakers are color coded

7/27/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

What leads are you using?HDMI?RCA?if RCA WHAT COLORS ARE THEY?

Any pop up messages you may see are sent by the site not me, I am only available by chat myself (typing here)however if you take the phone call option another tech on the phone team may help

RCA cables red, white, and yellow

The red and white are for sound so you should have it, assuming you have connected them into the correct red and white on the TV?they will be next to the yellow, if so is there sound with normal tv services?

can you tell me how to wire it from the tv to the sub woffer

I will open this up for other techs I have to go on calls

The red and white wires on the sub woffer are hooked up to the ports that say imput stereo and on the tv to l and r audio
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Please reply so that I know you are there.

Thanks

Steve

Steve:
Did you read any of my questions?

I did and I can give you an answer.

On that model of RCA, the only audio OUTPUT is from the headphone jack. You currently have the Logitech hooked up to the INPUT on the TV which is wrong.

You will need a cable that has a 3.5mm stereo jack on one end and two RCA jacks (red and white) on the other. These are readily available and cheap. Walmart should have them or you can get one from Amazon for about $5. CLICK HERE for an example.

Does that help you? Please let me know. I'll be here.

Steve

I do not have this Jack so I will go to best buy and ick one up and try it . If it does not work I will get back with you. Is there any way I ca contact you direct to leave feedback?

You can just reply here as you have been doing.

Just let me know that it works and if you would please, leave a positive rating for me helping you today.

Thanks very much.

Steve

Steve G., Technician
Steve:
You were spot on that was the problem however the unit is junk 3 speakers work and 1 does not ad I checked the speaker in a dif. port and it is not the speaker. Also as soon as you turn on the base it is so jumbled you can't even listen to it. I am returning the complete setup and getting a better one. But thanks for your help you know your stuff.
Andy K.
Steve G., Technician