Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

It was on one day and the next day it would not turn on let

Customer Question

it was on one day and the next day it would not turn on let alone the on button does not even light up
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: it was connected to a power surge and the day before...I had to get the direct TV repairman to come out because my cable was out...he had a lot of trouble getting that cable line back on and for some reason..he had to move my HDMI cable from Linda 1 to HDMI 2.. the TV worked after he changed the cable box out...and my TV worked for another day after that but never came back on the 2nd day
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: yes...I did that and reset the power surge plug as well
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know any more questions to ask
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please