Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I received a tv as gift. Its remote is LG MKJ 36998105.

Customer Question

I received a tv as gift. Its remote is LG MKJ 36998105. Being 75 years of age, I'm not toot tech smart and don't know how to use the remote. Are inStructions available? Thanks, PaM
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: iT'S A REMOTE CONTROL WHICH IS TO BE USED TO MAKE MY tv WORK. jUST DON'T KNOW WHICH BUTTONS TO PUSH, WHEN TO PUCH THEM, ETC.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tHE TV WORKS. bY JUST PLAYING AROUND WITH THE REMOTE I did get both sound and one of the stations. When I tried for another station I was unable to retrieve the thing I had before when I had sound and picture for the channel that popped up with those 2 things.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I JUST INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY A tv IVEN TO ME BY A FRIEND. I WAS TRYING TO USE THE REMOTE THAT GOES WITH THIS tv TO STARTING WATCHING THIS TV. tHE TV IS FINE AND I HAVE EXPERIENCEDD BOTH SEEING SOMETHING ON ONE CHANNEL AND HEARING IT. I DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT ALL THIS, iT JUST WORKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, BUT WHEN I THEN TRIED TO ACCESS ANOTHER CHANNEL, I LOST THE ABILITY TO SEE OR HEAR ANY CHANNEL. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE INS AND OUTS OF THE REMOTE.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: tHAT'S IT, I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY OPERATE THE REMOTE. iT'S FOR LG MKJ 36998105
Category: TV
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Please give me a moment to review your posted question.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Can you provide me with the model of the TV? That specific remote is used on over 300 models of LG TV, so I cannot provide you with the manual unless I know what TV it is being used on :)