Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

A thunder storm the night before last in the area of my

Customer Question

A thunder storm the night before last in the area of my house and lightening struck somewhere closeby ,my cable went out and my 2of my 3 vizio tvs went out. The cable came to my house and replaced all the boxes but my 2 tv's are not working.My question is ,is there anything I can do to get them working again?
JA: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: The first one is a new 50 in. hdtv and the other one is a 32in. hdtv about a year and a half years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the 50 in turns on but there is no picture or sound,and the 32in.won't turn on at all.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

- Does power indicator on TV turn On or blink when press power button?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
D50-d1
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK - Does power indicator on TV turn On or blink when press power button?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It does turn on and blink.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, it seems main board had been damaged due to static charge of lightning strike and some times power board also goes bad so I would recommend to replace both boards in TV at same time. Please click following supplier link where both boards are available for $60 only..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-d50-d1-ltmwtqfs-serial-complete-tv-repair-kit.htm

Please check that your TV serial number starts with LTMWTQFS or LTMWTQIS before ordering the boards.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do have an extended warranty,is my 50in.covered?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

It should be covered if you haven't removed back cover of TV yet. Please call the number written on warranty/ extended warranty document to get warranty cover.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?