Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Not my laptop but the remote for my TV. I even bought a new

Customer Question

Not my laptop but the remote for my TV. I even bought a new one but it does not work either
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Just a moment model 32AV502U
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My daughter was trying to update my grandson's xbox
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Does the tv turn on manually? has picture? has sound?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
TV will turn on manually, has picture and sound
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Are you talking about an original Toshiba remote or universal or other remote?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
original Toshiba remote
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried resetting the tv by unplugging the tv POWER cord, wait 3 minutes, plug in, power on, test if remote works?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I have not
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Please do that now and let me know what happens..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still not working
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

That's not good. I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. The SENSOR inside the tv is bad. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Some experience is required on your part.

Otherwise I'm very sorry to say that having it done by a local repair shop will cost more than a new 32" tv. Keep in mind, they won't tell you this, they will want to charge you $99 to come out and then hand you an estimate for more than the tv is worth. So coming here first saved you lots of time and money.

I know this is bad news but I really want you to be satisfied, so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you need something more.

Note: You should not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Are you going to DIY?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?