Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp Aquos lc-70le735x, the power light blinks

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos lc-70le735x, the power light blinks red, I have tried the factory reset by accessing service mode, the k screen apears for a second but then screen goes black again, If i quickly press the vol- and ch- together it will go into the service menu but with no display, I know it is in the service menu as the power light and opc light stays solid green after this, also I pressed the sequence of buttons on the remote to enable factory init (down then right then enter) after doing this I unplugged the tv and plugged it back in, after this the red power light no longer flashes, but when I press the power button the tv seems like its going to turn on normally for a second but then goes black, the power and opc lights also light up green then turn off and then the red power light flashes, I am a qualified computer tech and I have also completed a certificate 3 in electronics trade so I would like to be able to repair it myself, I am just not sure how to diagnose it and find the faulty part to repair or replace, my guess is either the led back-light or the main board. Please help. Thanks Lee
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Once you get into the service menu, look for item called LAMP ERROR. Is it zero or does it have a count / number? If it has a number, go to LAMP RESET and reset it, verify LAMP ERROR is now zero, do the Factory INIT again, pull power plug, wait 2 minutes, plug in, try to turn on.

REPLY back here and let me know what happens.