TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Sanyo FW55D25F shut off and won't turn on. It also is

Customer Question
making this beeping noise. I...
My Sanyo FW55D25F shut off and won't turn on. It also is making this beeping noise. I tried unplugging it for 1hr+ then held down the power button for 60seconds, continued to hold down power while plugging it back in, and then while still holding the power button, I pressed the menu button & Vol- button for 60seconds. Then tried turning the TV on and it still would not turn on. It started beeping again the moment the tv was plugged back in.
JA: Is your FW55D25F connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: No
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: Please read above
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
The tv was purchased in 2015 or 2016, not quite sure, but it was "new" not too long ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/26/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, the described symptom and results of what has been tried almost always point to an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

No access to either....
The television is only 1-2yrs old. Is this something that should be covered under warranty?
It is making a beeping noise. Doesn't that indicate that it is receiving power? If I were to open it up and look inside, what would I be looking for?

The multi-meter would help confirm fault with voltage measurements.

In its absence, would you still consider / attempt a DIY by straight replacement of the most likely suspect board?

How easy is that to do? I do not have a soldering iron. Also, shouldn't this be covered under manufacturer warranty?

Kindly check the paperworks for this TV. The standard warranty runs for 12 months not unless an extended warranty was purchased also.

This would be more to your advantage.

I will have to look. But without the soldering iron, would I be able to make the repair to the power?
How much do those cost? What if it is not the power board at fault? What would the next likely thing be? Also, what is the beeping noise and shouldn't it be indicating a specific problem?

The soldering iron would be needed if the approach would be component level; i.e. a suspect part would be removed, tested out-of-circuit and replaced/soldered in if bad. A multi-meter would be needed for the testing.

on the otherhand, straight board replacement does not need component testing nor soldering. Almost always, plug in connectors only.

If totally replacing it, how much should that cost? (Roughly)

Would information on the Part Number, potential online seller and a reference video tutorial serve your need?

You can't just give me a range on prices that I might end up paying? I am trying to figure out if it is cheaper to buy a new TV...
Being I am not familiar with those tools, what is the likelihood that I will screw up the tv more?

Depends on the seller and the "quality" of the replacement board.

Most boards offered online are refurbished, pullouts from 'donor' TVs anywhere from 40 to 70 USD.

Unlikely "...screw up the..." The trick is to take pictures....lots of it before any of the boards, wires or even a screw is removed. Now you would then have a fall back / reference.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

It looked like you requested a new expert, do you still need help with this? Or did you want to continue on with Louie still?

Louie, Technician