Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I need the 4 digit code for my sharp lc32sb24u tv so I can

Customer Question

Hi I need the 4 digit code for my sharp lc32sb24u tv so I can program my dish tv remote
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: On the back of the TV it shows the Model as LC32SB24U. I want to say that the TV is over 5 years old. It was working however something happened last week an dish thought their remote was bad and sent a new one.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything else works with the remote except I can no longer turn the tv on or off with the dish remote and the volume/mute button does not work. All other buttons work on the dish remote 52.0
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not sure, my sisters tv in her bedroom and she thought she hit a button incorrectly. I have gone through and paired the dish remote with the tv and it works, however to set the volume control and mute it will not work. I have gone through every step with dish. My sister does have an xbox connected to the tv as well.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was just told by dish tech support I needed to contact sharp and get the 4 digit code, as it may have changed. I do not have a usb drive to update the software
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

To get the 4 digit code, first select your remote here and then go to Sharp for the code:

https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/how-to/program-to-tvother

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why are you showing me Samsung? I went through this process with dish with the Sharp on the 52.0 remote. None of the codes worked. I was told to contact sharp to get correct code and to call them (dish) back. Said they may have had an update. So, are you telling me that
I am I to use Samsung code?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is the four digit code? It can be entered?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You have not answered my question to help?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I showed you the Dish website.

Which remote do you have ave?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
52.0
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried all 36 under sharp and I tried model number with no success. Dish tech support says I need to contract Sharp to obtain code for my mod l.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Again, none of the cods worked. I simply need a sharp tech to tell me what the code number is ***** enter for my model. Lc32sb24u.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok, if you have tried all Sharp codes then in that case it appears that the Dish remote does not support all Sharp TVs.