Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I cannot get back to the instructions at the beginning where

Customer Question

I cannot get back to the instructions at the beginning where you click on
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Insignia-19 inch Television. Brand New. Trying to hook up remote for cable
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just started today and keep getting analog and cannot get back to re-do the cable etc.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to know if I have to load in the remote that it came with or if I can try to load the t.v. into the remote given by Charter Cable Company?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you mean you're wanting to add cable channels to the tv?
Or are you trying to use the cable remote to control the tv?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am trying to load the charter cable remote so I can use it to control the t. v. I was able to get back to get some of the info loaded with the Insignia remote control.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

There is no such thing.

There is no "loading", but it *may* be possible to program the charter remote to operate the basic functions of the tv, such as power, mute, and volume.

That has nothing to do with the insignia remote though or any insignia menu settings. That would be for loading channels via a scanning process, it is not related to the remote.

If you can tell me the actual model number of the tv, I can give you the appropriate code to try on the charter remote for programming.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.