Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio television and I would like to use a Bose

Customer Question

I have a Vizio television and I would like to use a Bose bluetooth speaker as a remote speaker.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me check
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: E48-c2
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Being hard of hearing my wife asked me to do something
JA: Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what it would be
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

While you can connect the speaker to the TV- you can't do it wirelessly or by BlueTooth (without a converter for the TV), as the TV doesn't have BlueTooth for connection of a speaker that way. It would need an audio cable connected from the "Audio Out" jacks on the TV to the speaker. That said, there is an adapter available if you're looking to do this via BlueTooth- would you like me to pull up a link to that part and/or a cable for a wired connection?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

For a "wired" connection, there's a set of red and white RCA audio jacks on the side of the TV that you would use an "1/8" stereo to RCA" cable to connect the Bose speaker with. That cable can be purchased at Best Buy, Radio Shack, or is also available at the link below:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/1-8-stereo-to-dual-rca-phono?gclid=CjwKCAjwtdbLBRALEiwAm8pA5XTcfYvlmygj4Z9Cm2f1O-nQcOLrh5WY4Rw4D6HljzX5IxUWZcfTBhoCVeUQAvD_BwE

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Alternatively, if you wanted to go BlueTooth, then you would need a small converter- which would plug into those same jacks on the TV. Then the Bose can connect to the converter wirelessly. That converter is at the link below:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABMK5CJ2535&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Audio+Video+Converters-_-9SIABMK5CJ2535&gclid=CjwKCAjwtdbLBRALEiwAm8pA5Xx_wQJ8bJ_-Myl-AcdKBFtFr4bfdsCJAZSVbnwX0GzsAs_bHNEvCRoCs_8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

That same cable I posted above would still be needed to connect from the BlueTooth transmitter to the TV. Then the Bose can be placed anywhere within range to connect without wires to the transmitter.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Did you need further assistance here?