Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have been wrestling with an issue for some time, and have

Customer Question

Hi, I have been wrestling with an issue for some time, and have not found solution. I have a TV Plasma screen Panasonic. I have been running hdmi cable from the ATT receiver to a Denon Amp, then back up to TV. I can't get signal to go there. It worked, then did not. If I unplug the Hdmi cord from amp, and run directly into same port on TV, Tv works. The Denon is about 5 or six years old. Is it possible that the Denon is dying?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Just a minute, I have it here.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Going on a few weeks. Panasonic TC P50GT30. I also have a DVD that works ok on the TV. The TV itself works, as evidence that when I run cable from ATT receiver box directly, it works.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How frustrated this has made me. I have spent hours with ATT.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Can you please get me the model number of the Denon? Additionally if you run that DVD through the Denon- will IT display on the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm trying to determine if the Denon has this problem with ANY source that's connected through it- or just the cable box. Also the model number of the Denon allows me to pull up the reset for it.