Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The screen on my tv went totally blank and my warranty

Customer Question

the screen on my tv went totally blank and my warranty expired 3 months before it happened , So can you help me get it repaired? best buy wants $100.00 just to look art it and icannot afford! It's 50" Insignia lcd tv (modele#NS50D or NS500550NA14 i bought a little less than 2yrs ago
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Inisgnia lcd and the model# ***** ***** i bought it 2015
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes there is sound but no picture and ive tried, unsuccessfully, everything i could think of
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened the end of May this year; nothing happened b4 trhat
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Does TV power goes On and Off when push power button on TV remote?

- Do you get program sound from TV speakers while screen is dark?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
give me a min to plug in tv and place battery in remote, ok?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Sure, take your time please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
dont call me too expensive already! give me time to plug in antenna, ok?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat..

Take your time, no rush, I'm standby.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sahid, it's on, still no picture, sound on & receptive to channel changes
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, lets do following test that will help to troubleshoot the problem.

- Do you see a dim picture if shine a flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nothing shows
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, working on it, hold on please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Approx, how long do you think i have to wait ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Sorry about delay, typing info for you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

This kind of problem occurs due to either failure of backlight system or main board or T-Con board of TV.

If TV screen glows/ light up when turn On TV power and shows nothing that means backlight LEDs inside screen are working and problem is with main board or T-Con board of TV that should be replaced.

If screen doesn't light up at all, stays dark as TV power is Off then it could be backlight LEDs failure which is more complicated issue because entire screen will take apart to replace LED strips and this kind of work should be done by an experienced TV tech to avoid any damage to screen.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Please check following supplier link to view main board, t-con board and LED strips images and price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia/ns-50d550na15

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board or LED strips replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?