Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

2 weeks ago my son my son bought a Samsung 55 inch curved 4K

Customer Question

2 weeks ago my son my son bought a Samsung 55 inch curved 4K TV from Best Buy. While setting it up, it slipped off the stand and was damaged. When he turned on the tv all he saw as a distorted image. Best Buy would not give us any credit for the tv. I put a claim in to my credit card but they require an official estimate for what the damage is and how much it might cost to fix. I talked to the Geek Squad and they said it probably needs a new Display Panel which is over $800. But they will charge $100 just to look at it. Is there anyway you can send me an email with that kind of estimate? All I need is an estimate based on this description.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I bought it brand new, it cost $900. Yes, I tried turning it on/off several times.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The tv only shows a distorted image no matter the source.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ever since it fell on the floor which was 2 hours after getting it home.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

You bet I can help. Can you send a picture so I can give you the most accurate estimate possible?