Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Last week, we had a thunderstorm and lighting. I have

Customer Question

last week, we had a thunderstorm and lighting. I have comcast and the cable box to the main TV went out and I had to get a new one. I went and got the box and set it up and now my LG tv will not come on in mt bedroom. Is there anything I can do or did the tv get fried?
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no this has not happened before. I did unplug the TV, but only for a few minutes. Should I try for a few hours? If this does not work, do you think the TV is gone?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The tv will come on at all. The red light that shows it is on, does not come on. I have another tv in another room and it is fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened last week during the storm. I had to replace the cable box on the main tv first and now this tv will not work.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Have you tried switching the set ON at the set itself with the sets OWN buttons?

Any pop up messages you may see are sent by the site not me, I am only available by chat myself (typing here)however if you take the phone call option another tech on the phone team may help

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did try turning on the tv itself and nothing would happen
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i can't afford the phone call. this is only costing $5.00 right?

The $5 I believe is to ask the question any billing queries please contact support from the homepage ,I am only using the site like you are

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you still talking to me?

read above please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is a rip off then. You can't answer my question or offer any help?

Yes I can but you are querying the billing you need to sort that out first, all as I can say is yes its more than $5 please ring support Cust service 1.***-***-****