Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Do you think my portable flat Sharp aquos can be repaired?

Customer Question

do you think my portable flat Sharp aquos can be repaired? it is about 10-14 yrs old. The cable man said it is broken near the ant. plug, inside or outside.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ok
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: LC15eiuwm made Nov.2003
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just got worse saying "channel will return soon", all others in home work.The Suddenlink cable man spent 2 hrs with it. He says the ant. cord or the inside set at ant. is what made it quit working.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is my favorite set, small and perfect until this.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you using the tv with a cable box?