TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have power but no picture, 50PA5500-UAAUSLLHR, red light in…

Have power but no...

Have power but no picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

50PA5500-UAAUSLLHR

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Red light in lower left and faint glow. nothing else

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Grandkids were trying to switch to DVD for a movie.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/24/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you near the tv right now?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

-REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.

I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.

In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

Please try this:-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.-REPLY back here and tell me what happens.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. power cord was removed overnight. no change
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are we still chating?

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Substantial electronics experience is required on your part. Otherwise I can help you locate a trusted local repair shop if you provide your zip code. Repairs can be around $300 give or take.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks. tv is already out on the curb.

My apologies for the bad news. Keep in mind, a repair shop won't tell you what I just have, they will want to charge you $99 to come out and then hand you an estimate for more than the tv is worth. So coming here first saved you lots of time and money.

I hope before you go you will at least submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am somewhat recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Nicholas Arnaud

If you have the ability to use a multi meter and take both resistance measurements with the TV unplugged from power, and also the ability to take DC voltage measurements when the TV is live, I can guide you to those measurements.