TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung cured 4k tv and I bought at an auction a…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung cured 4k tv and I bought at an auction a Sony TMR-RF985R and a Sony TA-SA300WR surround amplifier with 2 speakers. I do not have a manual so I do not know how to make these work. I did plug TMR into a sound port and I did hook up the TA to power and the two speakers but nothing comes out. When I hit the power button on the TA it will turn green for a few seconds and the goes red like t is not connected to anything. There is a EZW-RT50 plugged into back of the TA Any help?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I gave you the exact model and I would say they are 3-4 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No and the sound source is not the problem I have it hooked up to my computer headphone jack so I need sound is coming into the transmitter

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just bought

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
7/25/2017
TV Technician: littlerusty2005, Expert replied 12 months ago
littlerusty2005

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced field technician. We are now

connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help

you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able

to reply to me here... As soon as I hear from you, we can continue. Here

are a few tips to try while you're waiting:

Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth

before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. If this fixes the

problem, please rate 3-5 stars. If the below doesn't fix the problem, please

reply, and I will return your response as soon as possible. Rating

negatively does not instigate a refund, but you can always request one

from me if your problem is already solved. This is the initial stage of

troubleshooting your device. Please reply when you get this, with your

findings of these first troubleshooting tips, to initiate live chat.

For battery operated electronics:
Disconnect from the charger, and remove the battery for one full minute.

If you cannot remove the battery, turn the device off, then back on.

For plug in electronics:
Unplug the unit for 1 full minute. Make sure the software/firmware is up

to date by going into your setup menu, and check for updates.

For car and marine electronics:
Remove the in line fuse to cut power to the unit. For car, you may need

the pin to get your electronics running again. For Marine, if you want

two brands to work together, they must have NMEI ports. If not, let me

know both of the model numbers and I'll check compatibility.

Treadmills:
Unplug the treadmill for one minute. Check all of the wiring, and make

sure the belt is not too tight. It should lift 3-4 inches off of the deck, and

not slip when you walk on it.

I look forward to viewing your reply.

Sincerely,
Rusty the Tech
_______________________________________________________

__
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you

today with 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you. Rating does not

close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.