Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have purchased a hotel tv - Samsung tv, Yes it's been

Customer Question

Hi I have purchased a hotel tv - Samsung tv
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes it's been unplugged for a few days
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: We just plugged it in and connected appletv and it works but can't change source or volume
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No. We don't have the remote that came with the tv and we are using one that is used for our other Samsung tv
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Model # is LN52B550K1HXZA
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

You can either (1) go into service mode and completely deactivate Hotel mode, or you can (2) control the volume within hotel mode:

1. With the TV powered off (in standby mode) use the remote control to press - INFO - MENU - MUTE - POWER ON (standby button).
The TV will turn on & give various options - be careful what you change or you can permanently brick the TV.

or

2. With the TV switched on press MUTE - 1 - 1 - 9 - ENTER this takes you direct to hotel mode and the various settings like power on volume, max volume etc.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------