Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Received new tv recently, 3days, cannot set up free view

Customer Question

received new tv recently , 3days , cannot set up free view channels set up screen finds channels and shows them on guide , but when selected , no picture appears on screen
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: kdl43wd751bu , since delivery , all else ok
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no just the freeview
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: from the time of first set up router and shy hd connected fine
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i dont think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

You said you have SKY connected?

Do you have an aerial connected too?

Any pop up messages you may see are sent by the site not me, I am only available by chat myself (typing here)however if you take the phone call option another tech on the phone team may help

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Aerial connected and sky had box

You are sure the aerial is good?

When you use the auto tune you are tuning for the aerial only so it will go through a search and then store the channels

Anything else is the sky box coming through on an input usually HDMI , now if the set is searching and you are seeing the channels in the guide that would suggest its found them BUT if the aerial is not upto spec then it may not show the channels you may just see a black screen , let me know you have checked the aerial with another set perhaps

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony