Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Connected DVD player according to included manual for RCA

Customer Question

connected DVD player according to included manual for RCA RLDED3258A-C LED HDTV & it doesn't work. Selected correct source from remote & it still doesnt work. This should be so simple, but its not working. please advise. DVD is Phillips DVP5140.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The exact model is DVP5140. Its probably 3 or 4 years old but still works like new with old TV that died (old tube style). Its hookups are like that of a DVD player, so that's how I hooked it up.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV Menu works. I don't have cable--awaiting deliver of Amazon Firestick.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I just got it & began plugging in stuff, ran the autoscan & it came up with 67 RF channels w/o antenna, then set the DVD player up with TV & tried to play the DVD. It just randomly displayed "no signal" across the screen.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure. This is the first HDTV I have owned & I specifically purchased this model because I could still hook my VCR up to it as well. Its got connection ports for EVERYTHING! :-)
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, please describe how the Phillips DVP5140 is connected to the RCA RLDED3258 using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Standard audio/video in/out: red, white & yellow on both ends--just like the VCR player does.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid my $5 & I EXPECT a correct answer to solve the problem. I am NOT willing to pay more money as I am disabled & on a very low fixed income. I EXPECT service answer to my question--period.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me time to read your post, reference the documents and prepare/compose this reply.

And My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support. Please contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You guys just ripped me off! I'm report to ripoffreports.com!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Useless service!
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.