TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

PIP screen has popped up and I do not know how it did. I use

Customer Question
PIP screen has popped up...
PIP screen has popped up and I do not know how it did. I use a universal remote and it does not have a pIP button
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: old Sony
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Not sure of
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: model
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Menu does work
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
I was in the menu trying to set sleep Timer when this popped up
7/23/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?
Do you have access to the original remote, even if you don't typically use it?

No original remote. Where would I find model #?

It would be printed on a sticker on the back of the tv, usually starts with K or KDL

KV-27v55

Thank you for the info, and sorry I missed you earlier. When you send multiple messages all at once they can get hung up in the queue.

Unfortunately the PIP function can really only be turned off by the remote. It is possible a random accidental press of buttons on the existing universal remote caused it, but there is know way to know exactly how it was brought on.

You can try unplugging power to the tv for a few hours or overnight to reset it.

Beyond that, if it still does not go away, you'd need to get the original remote with the pip button. You can get one, used of course given the age, here: http://amzn.to/2vxbWya

Best regards,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer